EDGERTON, Wis. (WMTV) -- Students returned to classes at Edgerton High School in Rock County after the building was evacuated because of a gas leak.
Rock County Dispatch says the gas leak as been fixed and crews have left the scene.
At around 1:20 p.m. the smell of natural gas was detected at the school, prompting the evacuation. Students were relocated to the Edgerton Middle School next door, according to Edgerton Superintendent Dennis Pauli.
Edgerton Fire Department and Alliant Energy responded to the incident. They discovered the leak in a gas line above the library. Crews shut the gas off and repaired the leak.
About 40 minutes later, students returned to their classes in the high school.
Classes will resume as normal on Wednesday, Pauli tells NBC15 News.