Brewers vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 21
Tyrone Taylor leads the Milwaukee Brewers (86-66) into a contest against the St. Louis Cardinals (67-85), following his two-homer showing in an 8-2 victory over the Cardinals, beginning at 1:15 PM ET on Thursday.
The Cardinals will give the nod to Miles Mikolas (7-12) against the Brewers and Wade Miley (8-4).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Brewers vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Time: 1:15 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Mikolas - STL (7-12, 4.84 ERA) vs Miley - MIL (8-4, 3.38 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Brewers Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Brewers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Brewers Odds|
|Cardinals vs Brewers Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Brewers|
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Wade Miley
- Miley makes the start for the Brewers, his 22nd of the season. He is 8-4 with a 3.38 ERA and 70 strikeouts through 109 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Saturday against the Washington Nationals, when the lefty threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- During 21 games this season, the 36-year-old has a 3.38 ERA and 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .223 to opposing hitters.
- Miley enters this outing with eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- Miley will look to record his 18th outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance.
- In five of his 21 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
Wade Miley vs. Cardinals
- He will face off against a Cardinals offense that ranks 15th in the league with 1302 total hits (on a .251 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .421 (11th in the league) with 204 total home runs (10th in MLB play).
- Miley has pitched 1 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on one hit against the Cardinals this season.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas (7-12) will take to the mound for the Cardinals and make his 33rd start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs and allowed eight hits in six innings pitched against the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday.
- The 35-year-old has pitched to a 4.84 ERA this season with 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across 32 games.
- In 32 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 12 of them.
- Mikolas has pitched five or more innings in five straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 32 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 35-year-old's 4.84 ERA ranks 40th, 1.322 WHIP ranks 37th, and 5.8 K/9 ranks 46th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.