Brewers vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 27
The Milwaukee Brewers (88-69) bring a three-game losing run into a home contest versus the St. Louis Cardinals (69-88), at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The probable starters are Wade Miley (9-4) for the Brewers and Zack Thompson (5-7) for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Brewers vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSWI
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Miley - MIL (9-4, 3.20 ERA) vs Thompson - STL (5-7, 4.57 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Brewers Injury Report|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Player Props|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Cardinals|
|Brewers vs Cardinals Odds|
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Wade Miley
- The Brewers will send Miley (9-4) to the mound for his 23rd start this season.
- The left-hander did not allow a run in six innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 36-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with a 3.20 ERA and 6 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .219.
- In 22 starts this season, he's earned nine quality starts.
- Miley has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished six appearances without allowing an earned run in 22 chances this season.
Wade Miley vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals have scored 696 runs this season, which ranks 18th in MLB. They have 1333 hits, 15th in baseball, with 207 home runs (10th in the league).
- The Cardinals have gone 4-for-27 with a double, a home run and an RBI in two games against the left-hander this season.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Thompson
- Thompson (5-7) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his ninth start of the season. He has a 4.57 ERA in 61 2/3 innings pitched, with 67 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the left-hander threw five innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, allowing four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- In 24 games this season, the 25-year-old has a 4.57 ERA and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .272 to opposing hitters.
- Thompson is trying to collect his second quality start of the season in this game.
- Thompson is aiming for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 2.5 innings per start.
- In 11 of his 24 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
Zack Thompson vs. Brewers
- The opposing Brewers offense has the 27th-ranked slugging percentage (.385) and ranks 24th in home runs hit (162) in all of MLB. They have a collective .239 batting average, and are 25th in the league with 1251 total hits and 17th in MLB play scoring 708 runs.
- Thompson has a 6 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP against the Brewers this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .280 batting average over two appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.