American vs. NJIT Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 16
Thursday's contest that pits the American Eagles (1-2) versus the NJIT Highlanders (0-2) at Bender Arena has a good chance to be a lopsided matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 81-60 in favor of American, who is heavily favored by our model. Game time is at 7:00 PM ET on November 16.
According to our computer prediction, American should cover the spread, which is listed at 11. The two sides are projected to eclipse the 137 total.
American vs. NJIT Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: ESPN+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on ESPN+
- Where: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Bender Arena
- Line: American -11
- Point Total: 137
- Moneyline (To Win): American -683, NJIT +475
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
American vs. NJIT Score Prediction
- Prediction: American 81, NJIT 60
Spread & Total Prediction for American vs. NJIT
- Pick ATS: American (-11)
- Pick OU: Over (137)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
American Performance Insights
- Offensively, American was the 326th-ranked squad in the nation (65.4 points per game) last season. Defensively, it was 55th (65.9 points conceded per game).
- The Eagles were the 19th-worst squad in the country in rebounds per game (28.2) but sixth-best in rebounds conceded (26.6) last season.
- With 13.6 assists per game last year, American was 136th in the country.
- Beyond the arc, the Eagles were 285th in the country in 3-pointers made per game (6.4) last season. They were 156th in 3-point percentage at 34.6%.
- American was 128th in the nation in 3-pointers conceded (6.8 per game) and third-worst in 3-point percentage defensively (38.5%) last season.
- The Eagles attempted 63.9% of their shots from inside the 3-point line, and 36.1% from beyond it last season. In terms of makes, 74% of the Eagles' baskets were 2-pointers, and 26% were 3-pointers.
NJIT Performance Insights
- Last year NJIT averaged 66.9 points per game (300th-ranked in college basketball) and allowed 72.7 points per contest (259th-ranked).
- The Highlanders ranked 201st in college basketball with 31.4 rebounds per contest, but they allowed 34.6 rebounds per game, which ranked 15th-worst in college basketball.
- Last year NJIT ranked 319th in college basketball in assists, delivering 11.2 per game.
- The Highlanders ranked 40th in the country at 10.4 turnovers per contest, but they forced 9.7 turnovers per game, which ranked 19th-worst in college basketball.
- With 6.5 treys per game, the Highlanders ranked 274th in the nation. They sported a 34.9% shooting percentage from beyond the arc, which ranked 138th in college basketball.
- NJIT ceded 7.7 threes per game (240th-ranked in college basketball). It allowed opposing teams to shoot 33.6% (169th-ranked) from downtown.
- Last year NJIT took 67.6% two-pointers, accounting for 73.7% of the team's baskets. It shot 32.4% threes (26.3% of the team's baskets).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.