Cal vs. Montana State Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 16
Thursday's game at Haas Pavilion has the California Golden Bears (2-1) squaring off against the Montana State Bobcats (1-1) at 11:00 PM ET on November 16. Our computer prediction projects a 76-68 win for Cal, who are favored by our model.
According to our computer prediction, Montana State is projected to cover the point spread (13.5) versus Cal. The two sides are expected to come in below the 144.5 over/under.
Cal vs. Montana State Game Info & Odds
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- TV: Pac-12 Network
- Where: Berkeley, California
- Venue: Haas Pavilion
- Line: Cal -13.5
- Point Total: 144.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Cal -1200, Montana State +725
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
Cal vs. Montana State Score Prediction
- Prediction: Cal 76, Montana State 68
Spread & Total Prediction for Cal vs. Montana State
- Pick ATS: Montana State (+13.5)
- Pick OU: Under (144.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
Cal Performance Insights
- Cal was the -3-worst team in the nation in points scored (58.3 per game) and 177th in points conceded (70.1) last year.
- Last season, the Golden Bears were eighth-worst in college basketball in rebounds (27.7 per game) and 275th in rebounds allowed (32.5).
- Last season, Cal was worst in the country in assists at 9.6 per game.
- Last season, the Golden Bears were seventh-worst in the country in 3-point makes (4.9 per game) and 10th-worst in 3-point percentage (29.8%).
- Cal was 165th in the country in 3-pointers conceded (7.1 per game) and 149th in 3-point percentage defensively (33.4%) last year.
- Last year, the Golden Bears attempted 30.9% of their shots from beyond the arc, and 69.1% from inside it. In terms of makes, 23.6% of the Golden Bears' buckets were 3-pointers, and 76.4% were 2-pointers.
Montana State Performance Insights
- On offense, Montana State posted 73.9 points per game (124th-ranked in college basketball) last season. It ceded 66.9 points per contest on defense (79th-ranked).
- The Bobcats grabbed 29.7 rebounds per game last year (294th-ranked in college basketball), and they gave up just 27.6 rebounds per game (17th-best).
- Last season Montana State ranked 221st in college basketball in assists, dishing out 12.5 per game.
- The Bobcats averaged 11.5 turnovers per game (142nd-ranked in college basketball). They forced 13.2 turnovers per contest (82nd-ranked).
- With 6.2 threes per game, the Bobcats ranked 299th in the country. They sported a 33.6% shooting percentage from three-point land, which ranked 209th in college basketball.
- Last season Montana State allowed 6.3 three-pointers per game (64th-ranked in college basketball) and allowed opponents to shoot 33.9% (194th-ranked) from downtown.
- Montana State attempted 35.3 two-pointers per game last year, which accounted for 65.8% of the shots it took (and 75.4% of the team's baskets). Meanwhile, it attempted 18.3 threes per contest, which were 34.2% of its shots (and 24.6% of the team's buckets).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.