Maryland vs. UMBC Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - November 21
Tuesday's contest that pits the Maryland Terrapins (1-3) versus the UMBC Retrievers (3-2) at Xfinity Center has a good chance to be a close matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 71-70 in favor of Maryland. Tipoff is at 7:00 PM ET on November 21.
According to our computer prediction, UMBC projects to cover the 19.5-point spread in its matchup against Maryland. The over/under has been set at 142.5, and the two teams are projected to go under that total.
Maryland vs. UMBC Game Info & Odds
- Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Where: College Park, Maryland
- Venue: Xfinity Center
- Line: Maryland -19.5
- Point Total: 142.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Maryland -3000, UMBC +1200
Place your bets on any college basketball matchup at BetMGM, and sign up with our link for a first-time deposit bonus!
Maryland vs. UMBC Score Prediction
- Prediction: Maryland 71, UMBC 70
Spread & Total Prediction for Maryland vs. UMBC
- Pick ATS: UMBC (+19.5)
- Pick OU: Under (142.5)
Sportsbook Promo Codes
Bet on this or any college basketball matchup at BetMGM
Maryland Performance Insights
- Maryland was 221st in the country in points scored (69.7 per game) and 27th in points conceded (63.5) last season.
- On the boards, the Terrapins were 229th in college basketball in rebounds (31.1 per game) last season. They were 71st in rebounds conceded (29.4 per game).
- Maryland was 307th in college basketball in assists (11.4 per game) last year.
- Last year, the Terrapins were 256th in the nation in 3-point makes (6.7 per game) and 254th in 3-point percentage (32.8%).
- Maryland was the 17th-best team in the nation in 3-pointers allowed (5.6 per game) and 88th in 3-point percentage defensively (32.3%) last season.
- Last year, the Terrapins attempted 36.9% of their shots from behind the 3-point line, and 63.1% from inside it. In terms of makes, 27% of the Terrapins' baskets were 3-pointers, and 73% were 2-pointers.
UMBC Performance Insights
- The Retrievers' +32 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 6.4 points per game) is a result of putting up 83.0 points per game (62nd in college basketball) while allowing 76.6 per contest (289th in college basketball).
- The 36.8 rebounds per game UMBC accumulates rank 90th in the nation. Their opponents pull down 36.8.
- UMBC makes 8.0 three-pointers per game (133rd in college basketball), 1.8 more than its opponents. It shoots 38.5% from beyond the arc (47th in college basketball), and its opponents are shooting 31.6%.
- UMBC forces 13.6 turnovers per game (126th in college basketball) while committing 12.6 (217th in college basketball).
Rep your team with officially licensed college basketball gear! Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.